This epic pumpkin pie is easy to make and tastes incredible. Wow your family and friends this season - or pop in to Kerr Street Cafe and try it on their menu today!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup 35% cream
- 14oz pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat together all ingredients until well combined.
- Pour pie mixture into an unbaked 9 inch deep pie crust. You can use store bought, or make your favourite pie dough recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and continue baking for 30 minutes. The pie is done when the tip of a knife is clean when testing the centre.
- Cool in fridge for 4 hours before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Kerr Street Cafe
298 Kerr St, Oakville