At La Parisienne Crêperie, we specialize in Parisian Crêpe Froment. This is made using white flour which was introduced to Paris in the early 20th Century.
However, due to the emergence of celiac disease and gluten intolerance, we’ve also developed our version of the Buckwheat Crêpe, also known as Galette au Sarasin, which originated in Brittany in France.
(Makes approximately 6 large crepes)
300 grams artisanal shaved ham
Approx. 3 cups shredded Swiss Emmental cheese
6 large free-range eggs
The Herb Butter
120 grams of softened unsalted butter
1 tsp Herbs de Provence
1 ¼ cups buckwheat flour
¼ cup almond flour
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp canola oil
1 cup of water
1 cup almond milk
4 large eggs
- First make the batter. Combine all batter ingredients in a large bowl using a mixer or whisk. Cover and allow to rest overnight.
- Next, make your herb butter. Mix together the butter and Herbs de Provence, cover and refrigerate until ready to use. (Remove from fridge to soften before building your crepes.)
- When ready to make your crepes, preheat a pan to 250 degrees Celsius and lightly brush with Canola oil.
- Pour approx. half a cup (depending on your pan size) of batter onto the pan and quickly swirl the pan to evenly distribute batter on the base of the pan.
- Use a spatula to lift the edges and when the bottom has cooked flip the crepe and cook on the other side. You need to move quickly so as not to dry out the crepe.
- Remove the crepe from the pan and rest on a board or plate. Repeat until you have used all of your batter.
- When you are ready to serve your crepes, preheat a pan on medium. Place the crepe in the pan and crack an egg onto crepe keeping the yolk intact and spreading the egg white as evenly as possible over your crepe. Sprinkle on cheese and ham
- Fold up each side of the crepe creating a square shape and use a small metal bowl or lid to cover the egg yolk and help it cook until no clear is left but your yolk is still runny.
- Brush crepe with herb butter, transfer to a plate and Bon Appetit!
VISIT LA PARISIENNE CREPERIE
93 Bronte Rd, Oakville | (905) 827-2378 | www.laparisiennecreperie.com