With the temperatures starting to dip, it's dishes like this that act like a warm hug. Rajas Poblanas is super fun to make, but if you're strapped for time just pick it up frozen from Familia Fine Foods and reheat it in minutes. It's an easy and affordable, weekday night meal!
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 1 Kg Boneless Chicken Breast
or Boneless Thigh *
- 1 Tbsp Chicken Bouillon *
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 225g Package Cream Cheese, Softened
- 5 Poblano Peppers
- 1 Large onion, Thickly Sliced
- 1 Cup Drained Canned Sweet Corn Kernels
- Salt and Pepper
- Vegetable Oil
* Exclude for Vegetarian
- Cut the chicken into strips. Preheat the saucepan on medium-high, add the oil and then add the chicken and saute until it's cooked through (approx 10 min). Season with salt and pepper.
- Blend the sour cream, cream cheese, and chicken bouillon in a blender until smooth; set aside.
- Place the peppers on a large griddle over medium-high heat. Roast until the skin blisters and turns black. Remove peppers from the griddle and place in a plastic bag, allowing them to sweat for 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool. Peel and discard the outer skin of the peppers; halve lengthwise and remove the seeds and veins. Slice into strips. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; cook the onion in the hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir the corn into the onions, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the poblano strips and the chicken strips to the saucepan. Pour the cream mixture over the vegetables and the chicken and bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes more.
Familia's Chef Tips
- This recipe goes very well with rice, and is even better with homemade tacos.
- If the cream/cheese mixture is too thick, you can make it lighter by adding a little milk.
- For Vegetarians, skip the chicken and the chicken bouillon
Visit Familia Fine Foods
3245 Harvester Rd, Burlington