How To Make Your Own Pizza Dough At Home
1 cup (250 ml) warm water
1 teaspoon (5 ml) instant yeast
1 teaspoon (5 ml) sugar
2 cups (300 g) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
- In a bowl, combine the water, yeast and sugar. Let it stand until the mixture foams on top, about 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, make sure you use a plastic blade or the dough hook. Combine the flour and salt. Then gradually increase the speed to medium and slowly add the yeast mixture until a soft ball forms.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead it for a few minutes on a floured surface to prevent it from
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a clean cloth. Let the dough rise for about 30 minutes in a warm and draft-free area.
- Cut the dough in half. Use the pizza dough immediately or you can keep it in the fridge for up to 48 hours. You can also freeze it in an airtight bag.
- This recipe will make two 9-inch thin-crust pizzas or two 8-inch thicker crust pizzas.