Downtown Oakville is well-known for its charming shops and fine dining restaurants, including ristorante italiano Buca Di Bacco.
Opened 10 years ago by Anthony Cappuccitti, Buca Di Bacco provide guests with an authentically Italian dining experience, reflective of Cappuccitti's own family dinners -- where everyone would connect over food, wine, and 'la dolce vita'.
"Our menu is composed of simple, earthy ingredients that represents the foundation of Italian cooking, “soul cooking”," says Cappuccitti. "We try to bring you the aroma’s, tastes and spirit of Italy."
Along with traditional Italian antipastos, pastas, (and yes, pizza), Buca Di Bacco's menu features savoury meat dishes such as the Veal Saltimbocca.
You can try it at home with the following recipe provided by Cappuccitti, or you can enjoy it at Buca Di Bacco the next time you visit Downtown Oakville!
4 Pieces Veal Scallopini
4 Pieces Prosciutto
4 Sage Leaves
8oz White Wine
4oz Lemon Juice
2 Green Onions
1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
Salt & Pepper
1. Pound out the veal until thin
2. Dust one side of veal with flour
3. Put 1 piece of prosciutto and 1 sage leaf on the non-floured side and flour
4. Repeat for all remaining pieces of veal
5. Turn on stove at high heat and heat up pan
6. When pan is hot, drizzle 1 tea spoon of olive oil and place veal prosciutto side down
7. Flip when golden brown, and cook the other side until golden brown
8. Add white wine and lemon juice and lower heat to medium
9. Season with salt and pepper
10. Finish with butter to thicken sauce
11. Serve with sautéed rapini and roasted potatoes
Enjoy with your favourite glass of wine!
Visit Buca Di Bacco
130 Thomas Street, Oakville | 905.845.7396 | bucadibacco.ca