Spend the day with us!
The Town of Oakville and Tim Hortons are proud to present the Oakville Children’s Festival — an arts and culture playground for kids of all ages! Enjoy FREE live performances and fun events including interactive cultural activities that are sure to make your child’s eyes light up and put a smile on your face.
Sunday, July 19, 2015
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (park opens at 9 a.m.)
Coronation Park, 1426 Lakeshore Road West
RAIN OR SHINE
Join us for this very special event! Catch a free Oakville Transit bus from the Halton Regional Centre with stops at Bronte GO Station or ride your bike! Special bike parking will be available on site. Festival-goers are also reminded to bring a refillable bottle to enjoy fresh and free water from the water bar.
Main Stage Performances
- Cosima Grunsky at 10 a.m.
- The Backyardigans Musical Playdate at 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- Gadfly dance show at noon and 2 p.m.
South Stage Performances
- Safari Science Reptile Show at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Toopy & Binoo’s Frank Meschkuleit at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Street Magician and Illusionist Ray Chance at noon
- MOTUS O dance theatre: A Fair Tale
10:30 a.m., 12:45 p.m., 2:45 p.m. and 4 p.m.
Shows will take place under the tent on the grass field near the main stage.
- Zacada Circus Aerial Display
10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
Shows will take place on the grass field near the front entrance.
Blue Donkey Streatery
Kool Jim’s Ice Cream
Likos Hawaiian Barbecue
Luchador Gourmet Streatery
Southern Smoke Truck Inc.
The Mighty Cob
- Tim Hortons tent featuring games and giveaways.
- Whole Foods Market Oakville Craft and Refreshments
- Bring your own skateboards or scooters, and helmet and pads for use on the
- YMCA of Oakville skateboard ramp. Helmets are mandatory.
- Oakville Fire Education Station and antique fire truck
- Oakville Hydro bucket rides
- Take your pic in the Oakville Children’s Festival Giant Photo Frame
- Art and building workshops provided by Oakville Galleries, Queen Elizabeth
- Park Community and Cultural Centre, and Oakville Parent-Child Centre
- Arts and Culture groups: Oakville Museum, Oakville Centre for the Performing
- Arts, and Oakville Arts Council
- Oakville Public Library
- Halton Regional Police Service Cruiser
- Oakville Environmental Club and Oakville Canopy Club
- Kids Play Zone featuring Monkeynastix and Zorbit Sports
- Face painting, balloon animals and glitter tattoos by Par-T-Perfect
- Mural Art Station and Woodworking Activities
- Create and Build like an Engineer
- Teddybear Foundation
- Living Arts Centre
- Pancake breakfast by the Kinsmen Club of Oakville (opens at 9 a.m.)
- BBQ lunch by the Kinsmen Club of Oakville
Oakville Transit Shuttle Service: The free Oakville Transit shuttle service from the Halton Regional Centre (1151 Bronte Road) will begin at 9:30 a.m. with buses operating approximately every five minutes to and from the festival. The shuttle will also make a stop at Bronte GO Station (2104 Wyecroft Road) to accommodate out-of-town guests and public transit users. The last shuttle will leave Coronation Park at 5 p.m. All festival events will end by 4 p.m., so plan accordingly. Please note that there is no parking on site and on-street parking is limited.
Pets: Large crowds, noise, heat and excitement can be an unsafe environment for your pet. Visitors to the Oakville Children’s Festival are encouraged to leave their pets at home.