Museums of Burlington, with the support of the Rocca Sisters & Associates Proudly Present APPLEFEST FALL FAIR!
An old-fashioned fall fair right here in the city! Sunday, September 28th! ~11 – 4 p.m. Ireland House at Oakridge Farm ~ 2168 Guelph Line, Burlington. Join us for an Outdoor Pancake Breakfast to start off the day! 9:00 a.m. — 11:00 a.m. Country-style home-made pancakes & specialty syrup!
“If you enjoy a taste of the country, you will love Applefest Fall Fair.” It’s a fun event for the whole family with the exciting activities and attractions of a country fair. Applefest will celebrate the changing of the seasons with fantastic games, crafts, FREE live musical entertainment, special attractions, exhibitors and delicious “Harvest Fare” that will tempt your taste buds with country favourites at a country-style BBQ including chilli dogs & pulled pork and delicious apple treats including candy apples, apple tarts with caramel sauce, and of course apple pie!
What can you expect?
- Jump into the sea of hay and join in a great harvest fair tradition – Make Your Own Scarecrow!
- How about a try at the Hay Maze?
- Learn how to milk a cow with the Dairy Farmers of Canada!
- Take a tour through the historic Ireland House~ Experience historic cooking, apple schnitzing and apple cider making! See antique tractors and historic automobiles on display
- Watch as fascinating artisans demonstrate their craft! Make your own neat crafts!
- There will be face-painting and children’s entertainment with JuggleMagic! Have fun with the Fall Harvest Obstacle Course and Games, Junior Farmer Competitions and Games, Fair-Style Gamers & Activities & Historic Cooking inside the Ireland House!
- Visit with the Horticultural Society for a chance to make and take home a special fall harvest centre piece!
- There will be animal exhibits and special displays!
- Check out the Trifles & Treasures Bazaar
- Find excellent fall treasures, home decorations and unique handmade items in the vendor area
- Shop at our Farmers’ Market & experience an “Old-Fashioned” General Store!
- And do not miss your chance to bid at the Applefest Silent Auction!
At the FREE stage of live entertainment stomp down to some country dance demonstrations and take in folk and country music unlike you’ve heard before including groups such as Straight South!
Be sure to sign your children up for their chance to be crowned this year’s Applefest Fall Fair Prince and Princess! Contest is open to children 6-10 years old! (1pm on the main stage)
Admission to Applefest is FREE thanks to the generous support of Rocca Sisters & Associates. Additionally, all children will receive a free goodie bag and a ticket to be entered into a draw to win a special prize basket.
To keep up to date on event details like us on Facebook: Museums of Burlington or Follow us on Twitter @Burlingtonmuse
All proceeds from Applefest go to Museums’ educational programs and preservation of the historic collection.