This year, The Joseph Brant Day Festival is an official partner of the Toronto 2015 PanAm / Parapan Am Games on Civic Holiday Monday, August 3rd at Historic LaSalle Park. Come out and see the captivating Beshano Bike Trials coming all the way from Montreal, Burlington Soccer Club field games alongside various music, art and cultural performances of the “Americas” including dancers, singers and bands!
- Beshano Bike Trials – 3 shows complete with incredible bicycle stuntmanship
- Musicians from the official band of the Toronto FC Major League Soccer accompanying dancers choreographed by the dance instructor and performer who opens the Mas Band launches for Carnival
- Saúl Torres has emerged as one of the most singular talents of Spanish Rock on the continent, capable of seamlessly tying together Latin, Funk, Rock, and Flamenco
- White Pine First Nations Drum and Dance
- Dancescapes Studio with Salsa and Latin dance demonstrations and lessons
- Farrucas – a Latin Fusion Duo of Laura Spada and Jorge Cuama hailing from Ecuador
ACTIVITIES ALL DAY: Children’s Area, Museum Educational Crafts & Activities, Giveaways, PanAm Sports Challenges, Games and Obstacles, Interactive participants including: Crossfit Altitude, Oakville Fencing Academy, Burlington Youth Soccer Club, Monkeynastic Gymnastics, Bradbury, Splitsville Entertainment & Better State Crew! Splash Park for Kids available, Hands-on Activities, Artisans and Vendors, the Famous Brant Day Silent Auction and many other attractions.
For the first time, the event boasts a food truck rally with delicious offerings from gourmet food trucks! LUCHADOR - Mexican Fusion / International Cuisine DOBRO JESTI - Slovenian / German-inspired Cuisine NUDULZ - Italian Food MANGO CHUTNEY - Indian Food URBAN EXPRESS- North American & European-style Steakery CAFE DU MONDE - French-Parisian & International Crepes PAPPAS GREEK—Greek Food TROPICAL TEMPTATIONS –Premium drinks & desserts
Shuttles will be available to transport visitors from Aldershot Station once limited onsite parking at LaSalle Park is filled.
Joseph Brant Day is the regionally recognized annual festival put on by the Museums of Burlington that invites the public to come out and celebrate the city we live in, the history of our various cultures and this year the spirit of the Americas through the PanAm Games.