Canada’s Most Trusted Contractor Mike Holmes Joins Finale Episode to Weigh in on This Season’s Winner
CNW – Over the last four weeks, HGTV Canada celebrities Scott McGillivray (Income Property), Bryan Baeumler (Leave It To Bryan, House of Bryan) and Paul Lafrance (Decked Out, Disaster Decks) have scoured the country to find the most impressive handymen and women in Canada’s Handyman Challenge. After reviewing hundreds of projects and the results of intense audition challenges, the judges have chosen the top 16 finalists of the competition. With a big prize and bragging rights on the line, these contestants are ready to give everything they’ve got as Canada’s Handyman Challenge continues Tuesdays at 10pm ET/PT on HGTV Canada.
Each contestant was tasked with making an original plywood project to impress the judges before competing in challenges ranging from building rocking horses and mini putt courses to catapults and water towers. The finalists vying for the title of Canada’s Best Handyman are:
- Brent Balluff, 58, Coquitlam BC
- Laurier Dubeau, 46, Black Diamond AB
- Mark Emrick, 48, Brandon MB
- Christopher Erbus, 31, Winnipeg MB
- Nik Florito, 30, Thunder Bay ON
- Cameron Hartley, 39, Falmouth NS
- Dan Kitchen, 30, Woodville ON
- Doug Lawrence, 33, Cochrane AB
- Brian Leuthel, 45, Aurora ON
- Nathan Macdonald-Pile, 26, Barrie ON
- Ron Melnychuk, 47, Gunton MB
- Maurice Pommerville, 48, Enfield NS
- Robin Rose, 59, Port Rexton NF
- Kirk Schmidt, 49, Thorburn NS
- Darren Thomson, 31, Calgary AB
- Michael Thomson, 46, Burlington ON
As the competition continues, finalists are thrown into skill-testing battles that push the limits of their creativity, resourcefulness, and fundamental handyman knowledge. They’ll go from building an entire patio space to facing a one-on-one quiz with each judge, with unexpected twists thrown in along the way. The season culminates in an impressive finale build, where Mike Holmes (Holmes Makes It Right) adds his expertise to the all-star judging panel to award the winner of Canada’s Handyman Challenge with $25,000 and the title of Canada’s Best Handyman.
For more information on the top 16 competitors, full episodes after they air, and exclusive behind-the-scenes information, visit www.hgtv.ca.
SOURCE HGTV – Home & Garden Television