What are you going to be this year? According to Spirit Halloween, “in 2013, Halloween enthusiasts everywhere will be twerkin’ what their momma gave them. Spirit Halloween has this year’s hottest pop culture costumes for women and men.” Think Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke. Tacky, but true!
“Spirit Halloween provides consumers with the most relevant and timely costumes based on what’s happening in the world of pop culture,” said Steven Silverstein, President and CEO, Spirit Halloween.
Costume store Party City has revealed their hottest costume styles for 2013:
- Superheroes: With movies like “Iron Man 3” and “Man of Steel: Superman” scoring box office records, it’s no surprise superheroes remain a top costume trend. Party City’s exclusive Marvel Mix and Match Shop is full of superhero costume accessories, allowing the entire family to show off their “Marvelous” side with masks, shields and gloves. Additionally, Party City’s officially licensed Spiderman, Iron Man and Captain America one-piece spandex Partysuits are perfect for any caped crusader.
- Monster High: The freaky fashionistas from Monster High are a favorite among tween girls looking for a trendy, to-die-for look this Halloween. Exclusive to Party City are deluxe costumes featuring Draculaura, Frankie Stein and new characters like Jinafire Long. Party City also carries 12 different Monster High costumes and a wide assortment of accessories to create a truly unique creepy character.
- Disney Princesses: Every little girl dreams of becoming a princess, and Disney Princesses make Halloween a fairy tale come true. With the re-release of “The Little Mermaid” from the Disney Vault on Oct. 1, Ariel makes a splash at the top of costume charts for 2013. For little girls wanting to create a customized storybook character, Party City’s Disney Princess Boutique offers an incredible assortment of costume accessories.
- Feathered Fashion: With plumes in every hue flocking the runway this fall, feathers are no longer just for the birds, and Party City offers an assortment of feathered accessories to bring any character to life. Stand out from the flock and become a peacock queen or a ravishing rainbow bird with tutus, corsets, masks and more.
- Black and Bone Skeletons: Energized by the resurgence of Victorian fashion, gothic glamour returns from the grave just in time for Halloween. Be striking in a black and bone skeleton print, paired with Victorian-style stripes and lace, to create a truly bad-to-the-bone character. Additionally, the rising popularity of the Hispanic holiday, Day of the Dead, makes skeletons a popular Halloween trend.
- Medieval Mania: Inspired by “Game of Thrones” and other popular historical television dramas, medieval looks make a character comeback this year. Create a mother of dragons look or become a noble king with an array of accessories including faux furs, wigs, crowns and capes.
- Color Coordinates: Bight, bold hues that span the color spectrum are all the rage, making color a great way to showcase a shopper’s personality. One-piece spandex Partysuits layered with jewelry, glasses and moustaches or rave wear paired with kaleidoscopic wigs, leg warmers and tutus are perfect for creating a bold costume with big personality. Party City carries 10 colors in the most popular accessories, great for dressing up Halloween costumes, game-day attire, and fundraising events like Race for the Cure.
- Geek Chic: Geeks are at the top of the social hierarchy from popular television shows like “The Big Bang Theory” and sophisticated nerdy celebrities like Kanye West and Justin Timberlake. Pull out the pocket protectors and plaid-printed glasses and go geek this Halloween with knee socks, suspenders and bowties. Party City offers new costumes tailored after this super geeky trend, including Nerdy Hello Kitty, and mix and match geek chic accessories to create a nerd-tastic outfit.
Check out these stores for the costume that’s right for you.
Parties ‘N’ More
This personable party supply store has a great selection of costumes and novelties – and change rooms too. If something you want isn’t in stock, inquire with the store since many items can be ordered in 7-14 days.
427 Speers Rd, Unit 1, Oakville
Find a costume and a pair of creepy cosmetic contact lenses to complete the look. Get everything you need to make Halloween a night to remember…in your nightmares…
568 Kerr St., Oakville
Among their great selection of costumes and party supplies, check out their line of animated Tees – great for creeping out coworkers or for just feeling festively phantasmal.
3537 Fairview Street, Burlington
Spirit Halloween (Burl)
Find frightening animatronics for the front lawn, table décor, costumes for adults, babies and kids. They also have a huge selection of theatrical contact lenses. A trip to this store is like walking through a haunted house itself.
1250 Brant St., Burlington
Spirit Halloween (Oak)
Spirit carries a wide selection of costumes from trendy to traditional. Take your time and explore…if you dare.
520 Kerr St., Oakville
Stardust Dancewear & Costumes
If you’re looking to rent rather than buy a costume, this is the place for you.
4155 Fairview St