(NC)—Mornings in most family homes can be described as chaotic, unpredictable, and a flurry of activity to get everyone out the door and on with their day. Since the first few hours are crucial to one’s success in career and life, consider these tips to upgrade your morning routine:
• Getting enough sleep the night before is the first step to an easy morning. Consider a bedtime routine chart for the family and allow children to place stickers beside completed tasks. This helps ensure children and parents are in bed on time.
• Enjoy a relaxing shower before bed. The warm water assists in releasing muscle tension, putting the body in a relaxed state of mind. Make it even more luxurious. For example, a Hansgrohe Raindance S Showerpanel system offers a vertical spa experience with adjustable body sprays and spray modes which can be customized just the way you like.
• Shower and blow-dry your hair the night before. Not only will this reduce time and stress in the morning, but will ensure there is ample space in the bathroom for all family members.
• Breakfast is crucial for all members of the family. Why not opt for a quick but nutritious meal of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and a banana or yogurt with granola and fruit?
• Lay out clothing options for yourself and the kids the night before to avoid the age-old question, “What will I wear today?”
Watch the weather forecast the night before. Avoid checking the weather on your phone or the television as part of your morning ritual. Quickly checking the night before will allow ample time and preparation should the forecast be less than favourable.
With these simple and easy steps, you can transform a previously chaotic routine into a seamless and enjoyable one.